" Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure...are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments." -Charles Carroll,signer of the Declaration of Independence
Once upon a time, there was a philsophy. A philsophy that was thought to solve man's problem and make life better for all. It has been implemented many times and many ways, but guess what? Productivity has been decreased, some countries that have implemented this way of life have brutally killed millions of people, and freedom has been lost. This philsophy is called communism and this is what ruined many lives and countries. Here are three ways why that is;
1. The heart of communism is that they control every aspect of a person's life. In a communist society, the government controls all means of production and a person is told what to make and how it is to be done. It is complete dependence on the government for their daily lives. If a person wants to move to another place, he has to have the government's permission. If he wants to get married, he needs the government's approval.
2. Communist have and always been against organized religion. Karl Marx once said,"Religious suffering is, at one and the same time, the expression of real suffering and a protest against real suffering. Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions.It is the opium of the people." and Vladimir Lenin was one who said, "Religion is the biggest lie, that humanity has ever invented." .In China and the former Soviet Union, millions have been murdered for practicing their beliefs. This is probably because to ensure that to keep people dependent on the government, they have to eliminate every possible threat to that which includes Christianity.
3. There is no such thing as being a millionaire in a communist society. Many communists leaders have worked to abolish all the different classes, thus making everyone equal. Lenin said, " War cannot be abolished unless classes are abolished and Socialism is created." People like Lenin believe that in capitalism, the rich get richer and the poor get poorer and that it is oppressing the working class. He said, "When feudalism was overthrown and “free” capitalist society appeared in the world, it at once became apparent that this freedom meant a new system of oppression and exploitation of the working people." In reality, those that work get richer and those that don't get poorer. People get what they earn.
Here are some arguments against capitalism examined. Here they are;
1. One argument out there is that capitalism has failed. Alot of socialists and communists would would argue with the fact that the global recession was caused by the collapse of the housing market. The question asked would be was the fall of the housing market caused by the failure of capitalism or the government abusing it? What the socialists, statists, and communists don't realize is that the housing market has been controlled and manipulated by the government. It is the regulations imposed by the government that caused the housing market to fall, not the free market.
2. Another argument is that under a capitalistic system, the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. The poor are "fooled" into believing that they can gain under this system. Their wages hold them in place and the moment they are unemployed, it's gone. Well, if an individual is diligent and works hard in a capitalistic economy, he will get rewarded by having a raise in his salary or get promoted. If a person doesn't put effort in his job, he would either get fired, demoted, or will not get a raise in pay. Here is another fact, in the United States, the poorest person is richer than 90% of the entire world. The poorest Americans are far better off than the average citizens of socialists/communists societies such as the former Soviet Union, Cuba, and North Korea.
3. One argument is that a capitalistic systems are unplanned, leading to crashes and depressions. Does the economy go through hard times? Absolutely. But there is no other system in world that has raised the standard of living and the quality of life than capitalism. What has Socialism done to improve the way of life in Cuba and North Korea? Nothing! In Cuba, the country is still in the 1950s and people make enough money only to buy a chicken for their family. In America, if a person worked minimum wage during the summer, he can buy a laptop computer, a playstation 2, a radio, television, food, an ipod, a GPS, and alot of other things.
"A lady asked Dr. Franklin Well Doctor what have we got a republic or a monarchy — "A republic," replied the Doctor, "if you can keep it." "- Anonymous, from Farrand's Records of the Federal Convention of 1787
In this post I will discuss arguments for capitalism and the next examining arguments against capitalism. Let us start:
1.In a laissez-faire, the market controls the prices, this Includes pay. If an indiviual is being dilligent in his job, he will be reward by either being promoted or a raise in his salary. If one is lazy, he will not be rewarded by his employer. In a socialistic society, the government determines the prices and people are not as movitated to work because "The government will take care of them".
2. In a society whose economy is based on the principles of capitalism, society is run by the indivual. In a socialist society, it is run by the state. The people know whats best for society and as a result are leaders and innovators. These are the principles that have made America a great nation. In socialism, the government regulates everything. They hamper innovation and productivity because, as I said above, people are not as motivated to work because everyone is equal. They only work because they are forced to do so to keep the economy functioning.
3. Competition in a capitalistic society produces better and more efficient products. If you think about, the United States is a leader in medicine, food products, and military. The United States has the best healthcare in the world, the former Soviet Union didn't. More people have come to the United States for treatment for a variety of ailments that includes cancer and heart problems. The United States is also on the top of the worldwide food chain. If this country falls, there could be potential of a global famine. Finally, the United States has the best military. Due to the innovation of engineers and others, the U.S. has built high tech weapons that not even the Soviet Union could match up with.
In those days a decree went out from Caesar Augustus that all the world should be registered. This was the first registration when Quirinius was governor of Syria. And all went to be registered, each to his own town. And Joseph also went up from Galilee, from the town of Nazareth, to Judea, to the city of David, which is called Bethlehem, because he was of the house and lineage of David, to be registered with Mary, his betrothed, who was with child. And while they were there, the time came for her to give birth. And she gave birth to her firstborn son and wrapped him in swaddling cloths and laid him in a manger, because there was no place for them in the inn.
And in the same region there were shepherds out in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And an angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were filled with fear. And the angel said to them, "Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. And this will be a sign for you: you will find a baby wrapped in swaddling cloths and lying in a manger." And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying, "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace among those with whom he is pleased!" When the angels went away from them into heaven, the shepherds said to one another, "Let us go over to Bethlehem and see this thing that has happened, which the Lord has made known to us." And they went with haste and found Mary and Joseph, and the baby lying in a manger. And when they saw it, they made known the saying that had been told them concerning this child. And all who heard it wondered at what the shepherds told them. But Mary treasured up all these things, pondering them in her heart. And the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all they had heard and seen, as it had been told them. And at the end of eight days, when he was circumcised, he was called Jesus, the name given by the angel before he was conceived in the womb.
And when the time came for their purification according to the Law of Moses, they brought him up to Jerusalem to present him to the Lord (as it is written in the Law of the Lord, "Every male who first opens the womb shall be called holy to the Lord") and to offer a sacrifice according to what is said in the Law of the Lord, "a pair of turtledoves, or two young pigeons." Now there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon, and this man was righteous and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel, and the Holy Spirit was upon him. And it had been revealed to him by the Holy Spirit that he would not see death before he had seen the Lord’s Christ. And he came in the Spirit into the temple, and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, to do for him according to the custom of the Law, he took him up in his arms and blessed God and said, "Lord, now you are letting your servant depart in peace, according to your word; for( my eyes have seen your salvation that you have prepared in the presence of all peoples, a light for revelation to the Gentiles,and for glory to your people Israel."
And his father and his mother marveled at what was said about him. And Simeon blessed them and said to Mary his mother, "Behold, this child is appointed for the fall and rising of many in Israel, and for a sign that is opposed (and a sword will pierce through your own soul also), so that thoughts from many hearts may be revealed."
And there was a prophetess, Anna, the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Asher. She was advanced in years, having lived with her husband seven years from when she was a virgin, and then as a widow until she was eighty-four. She did not depart from the temple, worshiping with fasting and prayer night and day. And coming up at that very hour she began to give thanks to God and to speak of him to all who were waiting for the redemption of Jerusalem.
And when they had performed everything according to the Law of the Lord, they returned into Galilee, to their own town of Nazareth. And the child grew and became strong, filled with wisdom. And the favor of God was upon him. The Boy Jesus in the Temple
Now his parents went to Jerusalem every year at the Feast of the Passover. And when he was twelve years old, they went up according to custom. And when the feast was ended, as they were returning, the boy Jesus stayed behind in Jerusalem. His parents did not know it, but supposing him to be in the group they went a day’s journey, but then they began to search for him among their relatives and acquaintances, and when they did not find him, they returned to Jerusalem, searching for him. After three days they found him in the temple, sitting among the teachers, listening to them and asking them questions. And all who heard him were amazed at his understanding and his answers. And when his parents saw him, they were astonished. And his mother said to him, "Son, why have you treated us so? Behold, your father and I have been searching for you in great distress." And he said to them, "Why were you looking for me? Did you not know that I must be in my Father’s house?" And they did not understand the saying that he spoke to them. And he went down with them and came to Nazareth and was submissive to them. And his mother treasured up all these things in her heart. And Jesus increased in wisdom and in stature and in favor with God and man.
In our society today there are many problems. There is crime, greed, diseases, and immorality shaping the American landscape. But has anyone considered that our own government is heading towards corruption also? We need to heed the words of Abraham Lincoln "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." One way we can do that is by electing the inexperienced, socialists, communists, and facists into the positions of either a representative, senator, or even the President. The history of this happening, how this is ocurring today, and what Americans should be doing can all make the difference in perserving our freedom and our country.
First, one way we can we can learn about what is happening in our society today is to learn what happened in the past. Even in the Ancient times, the fall of societies such as the Assyrians, Babylonians, and the Romans are all related to government officials being greedy, exploitation, and plain laziness on the people. The fall of the Babylonians was recorded in the Bible. In Chapter five of the book of Daniel it records King Belshazzar having a grand feast when he was suppose to be preparing for war against the rising Persians. Belshazzar was known to be a horrible ruler and as a result there was corruption, gluttony, and a weakening of the army. The Roman Republic fell through those same precepts that Babylon did. Because Rome was run on democratic principles, the mobs there were thrown into the heart of Rome ,as a result of slaves being brought increasing unemployment, were voting for Representation. As "Streams of Civilization" History textbook put it, "Evil men exchanged food and wine for the votes of hungry people." One thing to note was that Rome had the first welfare system, which meant they recieved free food and entertainment. Also, there was trouble in the Roman army. The Romans started using a professional army because the people who usually did all the fighting, the land owners, didn't want to fight. The problem with this was that a soldier's alligence was not to Rome, it was to the general who was paying him his salary. Then there were civil wars and the Republic turned into the Roman Empire. History is a key to understanding what is going on today in America.
Secondly, how does all that history apply to America today? First, there is greed in our government and in our country. The United States is probably, sad to say, the most greedy country in the world. This country has everything that a person in a third world country would only dream of. The government is expressing greed by expanding its power to places where it shouldn't be(aka. the private sector). They now want to control every aspect of our lives throug legislation such as healthcare reform and through taxation. Second, there is corruption in our government. With Obama's "czars", alot of them are ex-criminals and self proclaimed communists. These include Van Jones(a communist who blamed president Bush for 9/11), Jeff Crowley(Pro-homosexual), and Vivek Kundra(Who monitors all public information and private e-mails). Finally, there is laziness in our society and government. In fact, our society is idle to the point that some people don't even want to exercise(No wonder obesity is on the rise). There is a generation coming who will not learn proper thinking that going to be our next leaders. Also, America's work ethic has been on the decline in recent decades. As with the other civilazations, our military is going downhill. This is what's going on America.
Thirdly, there are things that need to be done in order to save this great country. First, do away with greed and corruption by voting incompetent politicans out of office and replace them with those who represent the people and can do the job properly. Second, be informed about what is going on in our country. Know what bills are in congress and everything else that's going on. Finally, let America return to the values that she was built upon. Let us do all this and we will be on the road to recovery.
In closing, the history, how it applies, and what we can do about it plays a major role in where we will go as a country. As we saw, a country's decline, like America's, is more on the inside than on the outside. Let us from this day forward be more aware of what is happening on the inside and less on the outside.
Congressional Record--Appendix, pp. A34-A35 January 10, 1963 Current Communist Goals EXTENSION OF REMARKS OF HON. A. S. HERLONG, JR. OF FLORIDA IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES Thursday, January 10, 1963 Mr. HERLONG. Mr. Speaker, Mrs. Patricia Nordman of De Land, Fla., is an ardent and articulate opponent of communism, and until recently published the De Land Courier, which she dedicated to the purpose of alerting the public to the dangers of communism in America. At Mrs. Nordman's request, I include in the RECORD, under unanimous consent, the following "Current Communist Goals," which she identifies as an excerpt from "The Naked Communist," by Cleon Skousen: [From "The Naked Communist," by Cleon Skousen] CURRENT COMMUNIST GOALS 1. U.S. acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war. 2. U.S. willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war. 3. Develop the illusion that total disarmament [by] the United States would be a demonstration of moral strength. 4. Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war. 5. Extension of long-term loans to Russia and Soviet satellites. 6. Provide American aid to all nations regardless of Communist domination. 7. Grant recognition of Red China. Admission of Red China to the U.N. 8. Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of Khrushchev's promise in 1955 to settle the German question by free elections under supervision of the U.N. 9. Prolong the conferences to ban atomic tests because the United States has agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are in progress. 10. Allow all Soviet satellites individual representation in the U.N. 11. Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed forces. (Some Communist leaders believe the world can be taken over as easily by the U.N. as by Moscow. Sometimes these two centers compete with each other as they are now doing in the Congo.) 12. Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party. 13. Do away with all loyalty oaths. 14. Continue giving Russia access to the U.S. Patent Office. 15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States. 16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights. 17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers' associations. Put the party line in textbooks. 18. Gain control of all student newspapers. 19. Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack. 20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policymaking positions. 21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures. 22. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to "eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms." 23. Control art critics and directors of art museums. "Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art." 24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them "censorship" and a violation of free speech and free press. 25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV. 26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as "normal, natural, healthy." 27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with "social" religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a "religious crutch." 28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of "separation of church and state." 29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis. 30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the "common man." 31. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the "big picture." Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over. 32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture--education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc. 33. Eliminate all laws or procedures which interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus. 34. Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities. 35. Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI. 36. Infiltrate and gain control of more unions. 37. Infiltrate and gain control of big business. 38. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand [or treat]. 39. Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals. 40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce. 41. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents. 42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use ["]united force["] to solve economic, political or social problems. 43. Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for self-government. 44. Internationalize the Panama Canal. 45. Repeal the Connally reservation so the United States cannot prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction [over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction] over nations and individuals alike.
During the past year, there has been debate over the issue of healthcare reform. One of the items in the bill that has been being argued in both chambers of congress is the "public option" that is supposed to similar to medicare. President Obama seems to think that the healthcare industry is a stumbling block to economic recovery. He says “Health care reform is no longer just a moral imperative, it is a fiscal imperative...If we want to create jobs and rebuild our economy, then we must address the crushing cost of healthcare this year, in this administration.” On the other hand, you got conservatives who are saying this will make the economic crisis wrost. According to a conservative website, they believe that congress is meddling around with something called "universal healthcare" or "single-payer healthcare". The site says that "Liberals generally believe the only way to fix the system is for government to operate it, the way Canada and the United Kingdom run their systems -- via "universal health care." Do you think this is a socialist attempt to takeover healthcare or
Welcome to the blog! What will be discussed in this blog will be primarily theology and politics. For an introduction let me tell briefly who I am. I am a conservative-leaning independent who is concerned about the direction our country is heading towards. I have been involved in the political scene for a couple years now and I am now gravely concerned about our future and the future of this country. On the theological side, I am a reformed-covenantal Christian who is a five-point calvinist, somewhere between amillenialism and postmillenialism, credo-baptist, and a huge fan of St. Augustine. I am based at a Sovereign Grace Ministries Church(A reformed-Charismatic association led by C.J. Mahaney) in the Southeastern United States.
I am a conservative independent who is deeply concerned about the direction our country is heading towards. I have been involved in the political scene for a couple years now and I am now gravely concerned about our future and the future of this country. On the theological side, I am a reformed Christian who is a five-point calvinist, postmillenial, continuationist(Believes that that miraculous gifts such as prophecy and speaking in tongues are for the church today), and embraces covenant theology. I am based at a Sovereign Grace Ministries Church(A reformed-Charismatic association led by C.J. Mahaney) in the Southeastern United States.